LAGO S.P.A., with legal offices in Villa del Conte (Padua) at Via Dell’Artigianato II, 21; tax ID code, VAT no. and Padua Business Register no. 01508340286; a company with a sole shareholder subject to the management and coordination of Giuseppe Lago S.p.A. (hereinafter “Lago”), undertakes to protect the privacy of all of those attending and communicating their personal data (hereinafter “Personal Data”) in order to register in advance for and/or to take part in events organised by Lago or for which Lago is a partner (hereinafter “Events”).
1. The Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
Lago, as identified at the start of this policy, is the Data Controller for the Personal Data processed as part of the Events, and can be contacted via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Personal data subject to processing
The Personal Data processed in connection with your registration and/or attendance at Events, collected via online forms, hardcopy forms or by reading the QR code on your Event ticket include information such as your first name, surname, telephone number, email address, date of birth, country of residence, address and occupation.
3. Purpose of the data processing
Lago shall use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
– providing services such as: allowing you to register for and/or participate in Events (“Service Provision”);
– sending you marketing messages, promotional and advertising content, and market research and surveys, via email, SMS, MMS, apps, post, telephone and/or the
official Lago social media accounts, as well as sending you Lago’s newsletter, and more broadly for marketing – including games, contests and competitions with prizes – of products and/or services associated with Lago (“Marketing”);
– creating a personal profile to provide you with information about other products and/or services that Lago believes may be of interest to you and to display ads that may match your tastes (“Profiling”);
– satisfying Lago’s legal obligations imposing the gathering and/or further processing of specific types of Personal Data (“Compliance”).
4. Optional/compulsory data processing and legal basis
Lago’s legal basis for processing your Personal Data, in accordance with the purposes laid out in section 3 above, is as follows:
– Service provision: processing for this purpose is required to provide you with the services requested. You do not have to provide your Personal Data for this purpose. However, if you choose not to, we will be unable to provide you with any services.
– Marketing: processing for this purpose is based on your consent. You do not have to provide your consent for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time without any consequences (other than that you will no longer receive marketing messages). You may also revoke your consent by following the indications in section 8 of this policy.
– Profiling: processing for this purpose is also based on your consent. You do not have to provide your consent for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time without any consequences. You may also revoke your consent by following the indications in section 8 of this policy.
– Compliance: Lago is required to process personal data for this purpose in order to meet any legal obligations. When you provide your Personal Data, they shall be processed according to the applicable legislation, which may require their storage and communication to the authorities for accounting, tax or other obligations.
5. Recipients of the Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be shared with the following subjects (hereinafter “Recipients”):
– subjects typically acting as data processors, i.e. people, companies or professional studios providing support and consultancy services to Lago;
– subjects with whom interaction is required in order to provide the services (e.g. platform suppliers for event registration or email);
– subjects assigned to technical maintenance (including servicing network equipment and electronic communications networks);
– persons authorised by Lago to process Personal Data required to perform the activities strictly related to service provision, who have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality (e.g. Lago employees);
– persons, bodies or authorities to whom your Personal Data must be disclosed for compliance purposes or by order of the authorities.
6. Transferring Personal Data
Some Personal Data are shared with recipients which may be located outside the European Economic Area. Lago guarantees that processing of Personal Data by these recipients shall be carried out in compliance with the applicable legislation. The transfers may be based on adequacy decisions or Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. For further information, please write to the company at the addresses given below in section 8.
7. Storing Personal Data
The Personal Data processed for the purpose of Service Provision shall be stored by Lago for the time necessary for pursuing the above purpose. However, as this Personal Data is processed to provide you with services, Lago may store it for longer, specifically insofar as may be necessary to protect the company’s interests against any claims made in relation to the services.
Personal Data processed for the purposes of Marketing and/or Profiling shall be stored by Lago until such time as you revoke your consent. Once you have revoked your consent, the company shall no longer use your Personal Data for these purposes, but may nonetheless store it, specifically insofar as may be necessary to protect the company’s interests against any claims made based on this processing.
The Personal Data processed for the purpose of Compliance shall be stored for the time provided for by specific legal obligations or by the applicable legislation.
8. Rights of the data subject
You have the right to ask Lago at any time for:
– access to your Personal Data (or a copy of said Personal Data), as well as to further information regarding the processing being carried out on the same;
– your processed Personal Data to be amended or updated, where the data are incomplete or not up to date;
– your Personal Data to be deleted from the company databases;
– the processing of your Personal Data by Lago to be limited;
– receipt of the Personal Data relating to you in a structured, commonly used format, readable from an automatic device;
and you may also:
– revoke your consent for the purposes of Marketing and/or Profiling.
You may revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter and promotional messages sent via email for the purpose of Marketing using the link at the bottom of every email you receive. In addition to the above, you can also exercise your rights by writing to Lago at the following email address: email@example.com.
You are further entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (the Italian Personal Data Protection Supervisory Authority), should you believe that your Personal Data has been processed in breach of the legislation in force.